cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States, affects 1 in 5
Americans. Blue Valley Dermatology is taking advantage of every opportunity to
inform the people of Overland Park about the dangers of sun damage. Melanoma is
the deadliest and most common types of cancer among US teens and young adults.
We would be grateful for your support as we partner with the Outpacing Melanoma
organization and the research funds that benefit. Please join us on the
run/walk or donate online at outpacingmelanoma.org
Proceeds of this event support the following efforts:
• Prevention: In partnership with the Midwest Cancer Alliance and the Kansas Cancer Partnership, Outpacing Melanoma funded Pool Cool, a sun-safety education and training program, in over 40 communities in 2017.
• Screening: Outpacing Melanoma sponsors melanoma cancer screenings the first Monday in May – ‘Melanoma Monday’ – and at events across the state.
• Survivorship: The Melanoma Survivorship Clinic was launched to address the unique challenges melanoma survivors face with ongoing care due to their increasing numbers and expanding treatment options.
• Education: Outpacing Melanoma is funding an online program – INFORMED Skin Cancer Education Series – that allows primary care practitioners to better recognize and manage malignant melanoma.
• Clinical Trials: A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, The University of Kansas Cancer Center offers the latest clinical trials, giving patients more options for cutting-edge care and more hope for survival. Outpacing Melanoma is now funding a novel clinical trial in the use of CAR-T cell therapy to treat melanoma.
Dr. Kyle and staff treat various types of skin cancer as well as other conditions
of the skin, hair, and nails. These
include but are not limited to acne, alopecia, eczema, psoriasis. Her
state-of-the-art medical office provides patients with the skill and experience
of a professional staff in a calm, relaxing environment. To accommodate the
busy schedules of its patients, Blue Valley Dermatology is open every weekday,
We are a full-service dermatology practice of dedicated,
experienced physicians and staff who believe in working with our patients to
maintain and improve their health. We work together to serve your entire family
for all of your skin care needs in all stages of life. Our team believes
in providing comprehensive care to our patients in a friendly, relaxed
atmosphere. We also believe in educating our patients as we work with them to
achieve the best skin health possible.
Dr. Kyle is certified by the American Board of
Dermatology and has seven years of experience in both clinical dermatology and
For more information about Blue Valley Dermatology, please contact the office
at 913-871-8221 or visit www.bluevalleydermatology.com.